First DUI in 5 Years
If 21 or over and convicted of DUI:
- One year suspension of your driver’s license.
- You are eligible to apply for a work permit immediately. After 120 days on the wok permit, you may apply for early reinstatement by paying a $210 reinstatement fee and providing proof that you attended DUI school.
If under 21 and convicted of DUI:
- BAC is above .08% = 12 month suspension.
- BAC is below .08% = 6 month suspension.
- No work permit is available if you are under 21 at the time of your conviction.
If convicted of DUI Drugs or DUI Alcohol & Drugs:
- Your license will be suspended for six months (no work permit available).
- After six months, you may reinstate by attending DUI school and paying a $210 reinstatement fee.
If you refuse the State’s test or if you register above .08%, the Department of Driver Services will attempt to suspend your license immediately. You may appeal this suspension within 10 business days of your arrest (known as the 10-day letter). If this suspension is upheld on a refusal case, your license will be suspended for 12 months without a work permit. The only way to get your license back early is to win your criminal case. If you registered greater than .08%, your license will be suspended for 30 days (work permit available).